Need a ride? We understand that transportation challenges can make it harder to address your family’s health concerns. Paramount Advantage members can get transportation assistance for medical appointments and more.
Destinations / Options
- Where can I go using Paramount Advantage Transportation Assistance?
Medicaid-covered appointments including:
- Medical appointments
- WIC appointments
- CDJFS (County Department of Jobs and Family Services) re-determination appointments
- What transportation options do I have?
- Vehicle Transportation: A driver provides non-emergency cab, share-a-ride or ambulette service
- Public Transit: Member is mailed bus tokens or a pass (only available in areas offering public bus transit)
- Gas Reimbursement: Member drives to their appointment, or has someone drive them, and is repaid a set rate for mileage
Scheduling & Cancellations
- How do I schedule, reschedule or cancel transportation assistance?
Call Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, at least 2 business days before your Medicaid-covered appointment.
(TTY call 1-800-750-0750)
- What information do I need to schedule transportation?
You will need the following information:
- Your Paramount Advantage ID number
- The date and time of your appointment
- Your current address and phone number for pickup
- The appointment address and the phone number for drop-off
- How soon before an appointment do I schedule transportation?
- Vehicle transportation and gas reimbursement must be scheduled at least 2 business days (Monday – Friday) before your Medicaid-covered appointment.
- Public Bus Transit must be scheduled at least 7 business days (Monday – Friday) before your Medicaid-covered appointment.
- What if I’m sick now and can’t give 2 days notice?
- A member can schedule an urgent sick call request if a medical provider must see them immediately.
- This request may require approval by medical provider’s office before transportation is scheduled.
- The call center is allowed up to 4 hours to find an available driver. Based on the time of your request and the availability of drivers, all urgent sick call requests may not be guaranteed transportation.
- How do I schedule a return pickup?
Call the transportation call center at 1-866-837-9817 (TTY users call 1-800-750-0750).
Remember that it can take up to 1 hour for transportation to arrive when calling for an open-ended pickup (no set pickup time scheduled).
Frequency & Limitations
- How many times a year can I use my transportation benefit?
- Every Paramount Advantage member receives 30 one-way trips per calendar year (January 1 – December 31).
- Paramount Advantage will provide unlimited transportation to members who MUST travel 30 miles or more from their home to an approved Medicaid-covered appointment and for medically necessary ambulette services.
- What if I have used all of my 30 one-way trips?
- Contact your local County Department of Job and Family Services (CDJFS) for information on transportation to medical appointments through their Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) program.
- What happens if I’m not ready when transportation arrives?
- The driver must wait 5 minutes past your scheduled pickup time. After 5 minutes, the driver can leave and the trip will count as a no show, so please make sure you are ready when your transportation arrives.
Minors & Children
- Can minors use Transportation Assistance?
- Transportation Assistance is available to all Paramount Advantage members, but members under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian with them when using transportation assistance.
- Do I have to provide a carseat for my child?
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to bring their own safety (car) seat as required by Ohio law.